Getting to Yosemite National Park
There are four main highway access roads to Yosemite National Park, three of which are generally open all year. From the south, out of Fresno, take CA-41 north through Oakhurst to the South Entrance. From the west, two routes are available. The more southern of the two takes CA-140 east through Merced and Mariposa to the El Portal Entrance. The more northern of the two takes CA-120 east through Manteca to the Big Oak Flat Entrance. The last, and probably most scenic, entrance route is open generally late May to early November. Take CA-120 west from US395 in Lee Vining, arriving at the Tioga Pass Entrance at over 9,900 feet.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the main road entrances to Yosemite National Park. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while this map is useful for general navigation around the park, if you are planning to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Yosemite Trail Map.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Yosemite, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Fresno, CA (FAT): 95 miles by car to Yosemite Valley
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more FAT airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at FAT
- Sacramento, CA (SMF): 174 miles by car to Yosemite Valley
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more SMF airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at SMF
- San Francisco, CA (SFO): 191 miles by car to Yosemite Valley
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more SFO airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at SFO