This page may contain affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases your cost.
Grand Teton Fast Facts
- Grand Teton National Park covers a total area of 309,994 acres
- The number of people visiting Grand Teton in 2019 was 3,405,614 (All Years)
- Grand Teton was made a national park on February 26, 1929
- The lowest elevation found in Grand Teton is 6,310 feet at Fish Creek
- The highest elevation found in Grand Teton is 13,770 feet on Grand Teton
- The entrance fee for Grand Teton is $35 per vehicle per week
- Grand Teton National Park lies in the Mountain time zone
Random Facts About Grand Teton
- Grand Teton National Park is only 10 miles south of Yellowstone National Park. The two parks are connected by the John D. Rockefeller Jr. Memorial Parkway, also managed by the National Park Service.
- The Teton Range is thought to be the youngest mountain range in the Rocky Mountains, with its formation beginning between six and nine million years ago.
- On February 26, 1929 Grand Teton National Park was created. Later, in 1943, land in Jackson Hole, much of it purchased by John D. Rockefeller Jr, was named Jackson Hole National Monument. In 1950 the two areas were combined into the current Grand Teton National Park.
- While Grand Teton is the highest peak in the park at 13,770 feet, there are eight more peaks that exceed 12,000 feet in height.
Where is Grand Teton National Park?
Grand Teton National Park is located in northwestern Wyoming, just south of world famous Yellowstone National Park. The town of Jackson Hole lies to the south of Grand Teton and is the main hub of activity in the area. Further directions and maps can be found at Getting to Grand Teton.
More About Grand Teton
We have pages on all sorts of things about Grand Teton National Park. We have sections on Weather, Getting to the Park, Lodging, Camping, Road Guides, and pages to buy Books and Trail Maps. You could also check out the park’s Photo Gallery.
Last Updated on