This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Death Valley National Park
Death Valley National Park covers an enormous area, mostly in California, with a small section in Nevada. It is in a very remote area, with few towns and even fewer services. Beatty, Nevada is a reasonable distance from the popular Furnace Creek area.
Driving to Death Valley
CA-190 runs roughly east and west through the park, connecting to US-395 in the west and US-95 in the east. US-95 heads south to Las Vegas.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Furnace Creek Visitor Center in Death Valley. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Death Valley Trail Map.
Flying to Death Valley
Death Valley is in the middle of nowhere. Even the closest airport, Las Vegas, is over two hours away. If you’re looking for high volume and cheap price, both Las Vegas and Los Angeles are good bets. St. George is mostly of interest to those also visiting Zion or other southern Utah parks. Below you will find a list of these airports, ordered by distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Located in Las Vegas, NV, 119 miles by car to Death Valley (Furnace Creek)
- Browse Flights to Las Vegas at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Las Vegas rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
St. George Regional Airport (SGU)
- Located in St. George, Utah, 260 miles by car to Death Valley (Furnace Creek)
- Browse Flights to St. George at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse St. George rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Located in Los Angeles, California, 274 miles by car to Death Valley (Furnace Creek)
- Browse Flights to Los Angeles at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Los Angeles rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 10, 2020