Virgin Islands National Park, along with the surrounding area, was devastated by Category 5 hurricanes in September 2017. Things are back to normal in many ways, as far as visitation goes. However, the Cinnamon Bay camping and lodging area remains closed. Many vacation rentals are open again, and many others are not.
Campgrounds of Virgin Islands
There is one formal camping area in Virgin Islands National Park, at Cinnamon Bay. It is managed by the park concessioner.
Cinnamon Bay Campground
- Size & Cost: 110 sites, $37 per site
- Open: November through August
- Reservations: Yes, More Info
- Location: The campground is located in the Cinnamon Bay developed area. Cinnamon Bay Beach is just steps away from most of the sites.
- Amenities: Running water, flush toilets, showers, camp store, restaurant
- Demand: High. Cinnamon Bay is the only developed camping area in the park. The bare tent sites are located in dense forest just off the shoreline of Cinnamon Bay. In addition to the bare sites, they also offer platform tent rentals, at a substantially higher rate. There are also some cottages. See Virgin Islands Lodging for more information.