This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Grand Canyon National Park
Driving to Grand Canyon
There are two main areas to visit at Grand Canyon, the North Rim and the South Rim. It is nearly a five hour drive in between them. To reach the South Rim, travel 60 miles north on AZ-64 from I-40 in the city of Williams. The North Rim is in a very remote area far from developed areas. From Kanab, Utah, take Alt US-89 south for 36 miles, and then AZ-67 south for 43 miles. This is about a two hour drive to reach the rim.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of South Rim Visitor Center in Grand Canyon. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Grand Canyon Trail Map.
Flying to Grand Canyon
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Grand Canyon, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG)
- Located in Flagstaff, Arizona, 85 miles by car to Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Browse Flights to Flagstaff at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Flagstaff rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Located in Phoenix, Arizona, 228 miles by car to Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Browse Flights to Phoenix at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Phoenix rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Located in Las Vegas, NV, 269 miles by car to Grand Canyon (South Rim)
- Browse Flights to Las Vegas at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Las Vegas rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 11, 2020