Getting to Everglades National Park
Driving to Everglades
To reach the Flamingo area, take the Florida Turnpike south until it merges with US-1. Turn right onto Palm Drive and follow the signs to the park. To reach the Shark Valley Visitor Center take exit 25 from the Florida Turnpike to Highway 41, the Tamiami Trail, for 25 miles west.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Ernest F. Coe Visitor Center in Everglades. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Everglades Trail Map.
Flying to Everglades
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Everglades, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Located in Miami, Florida, 43 miles by car to Everglades
- Browse Flights to Miami at Expedia
- Browse Miami rental cars at Expedia
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 72 miles by car to Everglades
- Browse Flights to Fort Lauderdale at Expedia
- Browse Fort Lauderdale rental cars at Expedia
Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
- Located in West Palm Beach, Florida, 114 miles by car to Everglades
- Browse West Palm Beach rental cars at Expedia