Campgrounds of Crater Lake
Camping isn’t quite as popular at Crater Lake as some other national parks, but it’s still a common way to visit in the summer. The two campgrounds below couldn’t be much more different. The first is small and intimate, the second is large and well-serviced.
Lost Creek Campground
- Size & Cost: 16 sites, $5 per site
- Open: July through October
- Reservations: No, first come, first served
- Location: 3.2 miles down the Pinnacles Road off of Rim Drive
- Amenities: Running water, flush toilets, fire rings and picnic tables
- Demand: Very high. This campground is very small and well located, and is almost always full during peak visitation. Sites are available for tents only, no RVs are allowed.
Mazama Village Campground
- Size & Cost: 214 sites, $21-$43 per site
- Open: June through September
- Reservations: Privately managed, Reserve Online
- Location: 0.3 miles north of OR-62 in Mazama Village
- Amenities: Running water, vault toilets, grills and picnic tables, dump station – showers, laundry, and campstore nearby
- Demand: High. This campground is large and away from the lake, but sometimes fills during peak visitation. Reservations are recommended in the height of summer.
Last Updated on April 10, 2020