This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Canyonlands National Park
Driving to Canyonlands
There are three districts in Canyonlands, two of which are easily accessible by car. The Island in the Sky District is at the end of UT-313, 22 miles southwest of US-191. Drive 10 miles north of Moab on US-191 to reach UT-313. To access the Needles District, drive 14 miles north of Monticello or 40 miles south of Moab and turn left on UT-211. Follow this road 35 miles to the Needles Entrance.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Island in the Sky Visitor Center in Canyonlands. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Canyonlands Trail Map.
Flying to Canyonlands
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Canyonlands, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT)
- Located in Grand Junction, Colorado, 122 miles by car to Canyonlands (Island in the Sky)
- Browse Flights to Grand Junction at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Grand Junction rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ)
- Located in Montrose, Colorado, 179 miles by car to Canyonlands (Island in the Sky)
- Browse Flights to Montrose at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Montrose rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)
- Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, 247 miles by car to Canyonlands (Island in the Sky)
- Browse Flights to Salt Lake City at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Salt Lake City rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on