Getting to Canyonlands
There are three districts in Canyonlands, two of which are easily accessible by car. The Island in the Sky District is at the end of UT-313, 22 miles southwest of US-191. Drive 10 miles north of Moab on US-191 to reach UT-313. To access the Needles District, drive 14 miles north of Monticello or 40 miles south of Moab and turn left on UT-211. Follow this road 35 miles to the Needles Entrance.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the entrances to Island in the Sky and Needles Districts in Canyonlands. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while this map is useful for general navigation around the park, if you are planning to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Canyonlands Trail Map.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Canyonlands, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Grand Junction, CO (GJT): 122 miles by car to Canyonlands (Island in the Sky)
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more GJT airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at GJT
- Salt Lake City, UT (SLC): 247 miles by car to Canyonlands (Island in the Sky)
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more SLC airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at SLC