This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Mammoth Cave National Park
Driving to Mammoth Cave
The primary access to the park is via I-65. From the north, take exit 53 and turn right onto KY-70. Follow the signs into the park and to the cave area. From the south, take exit 48 and turn left onto KY-255 into the park.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Mammoth Cave Visitor Center. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Mammoth Cave Trail Map.
Flying to Mammoth Cave
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Mammoth Cave, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Louisville International Airport (SDF)
- Located in Louisville, Kentucky, 88 miles by car to Mammoth Cave
- Browse Flights to Louisville at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Louisville rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Located in Nashville, Tennessee, 99 miles by car to Mammoth Cave
- Browse Flights to Nashville at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Nashville rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS)
- Located near Knoxville, Tennessee, 191 miles by car to Mammoth Cave
- Browse Flights to Knoxville at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Knoxville rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 14, 2020