Getting to Mammoth Cave
The primary access to the park is via I-65. From the north, take exit 53 and turn right onto KY-70. Follow the signs into the park and to the cave area. From the south, take exit 48 and turn left onto KY-255 into the park.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the visitor center and main caves area in Mammoth Cave National Park. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while this map is useful for general navigation around the park, if you are planning to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Mammoth Cave Trail Map.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Mammoth Cave, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Louisville, KY (SDF): 86 miles by car to Mammoth Cave
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more SDF airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at SDF
- Nashville, TN (BNA): 103 miles by car to Mammoth Cave
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more BNA airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at BNA