Getting to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park is reached from Hilo via HI-11, a drive of about 45 minutes. The park is a little over two hours from the Kona Airport.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the entrance to Hawaii Volcanoes. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while this map is useful for general navigation around the park, if you are planning to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Hawaii Volcanoes Trail Map.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Hawaii Volcanoes, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Hilo, HI (ITO): 28 miles by car to Hawaii Volcanoes
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more ITO airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at ITO
- Kailua-Kona, HI (KOA): 101 miles by car to Hawaii Volcanoes
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more KOA airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at KOA