Campgrounds of Capitol Reef
Capitol Reef National Park is in a very remote area of southcentral Utah. There is one developed campground in the frontcountry area, described below. There are also primitive campgrounds in Cathedral Valley and Cedar Mesa. Drives on long, unpaved roads are required to get there, along with appropriate vehicles and other equipment. Those intending to enter these areas should consult with rangers at the Visitor Center.
- Size & Cost: 71 sites, $20 per site
- Open: All Year
- Reservations: Reserve Online
- Location: 1.3 miles up the Capitol Reef Scenic Drive off of Utah Highway 24
- Amenities: Running water, flush toilets, grills and picnic tables, and dump station
- Demand: Very high. This campground is within the Fruita area, among tree orchards, with the Fremont River nearby. It is the only developed campground in Capitol Reef, and it often is full by early afternoon, especially in late spring and summer.
Last Updated on