This page may contain affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases your cost.
Campgrounds of Arches
There is only one campground located within Arches National Park. It is located at the very end of the Arches Scenic Drive, in the highly scenic Devil’s Garden area. The campground is wildly popular, and reservations are essential in all but the slowest months. An overview of the campground can be found below.
For those campers who didn’t reserve in advance, camping outside Arches will probably be necessary. Luckily, there are a number of campgrounds on public land in the surrounding area. In particular, a number of scenic spots near the Colorado River along Utah Highways 128 and 279 are operated by the Bureau of Land Management. There are also numerous privately owned campgrounds in the town of Moab.
Devil’s Garden Campground
- Size & Cost: 51 sites, $25 per site
- Open: All Year
- Reservations: Reserve Online
- Location: At the end of the Arches Scenic Drive, 18.4 miles from the park entrance.
- Amenities: Running water, flush toilets, grills and picnic tables. Facilities are limited in winter.
- Demand: Extreme. The sites in this campground are in a highly scenic area, surrounded by sandstone formations and the desert. It is the only one in the park, and is not very big. Sites are nearly always taken in advance during the reservation season. Try to reserve as soon as you know your dates, up to six months in advance.
- Reviews: Devil’s Garden Campground reviews on TripAdvisor
Last Updated on