Getting to Voyageurs National Park
International Falls is the closest city to Voyageurs National Park. It is an 8 mile drive on MN-11 to the Rainy Lake area. It is about 30 minutes east on US-53 to get to the Kabetogama Lake area.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Rainy Lake and Kabetogama Lake Visitor Centers in Voyageurs. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while this map is useful for general navigation around the park, if you are planning to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Voyageurs Trail Map.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Voyageurs, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- International Falls, MN (INL): 16 miles by car to Voyageurs
– Visit Expedia to search all flights to INL
- Duluth, MN (DLH): 169 miles by car to Voyageurs
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more DLH airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at DLH via
- Minneapolis, MN (MSP): 309 miles by car to Voyageurs
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more MSP airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at MSP