This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Theodore Roosevelt National Park
Driving to Theodore Roosevelt
The South Unit is just off I-94 through the town of Medora, at exit 23 or 27. The Painted Canyon area has its own exit off of I-94, exit 32. The North Unit is located along US-85, 50 miles north of I-94 via exit 42.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of South Unit Visitor Center in Theodore Roosevelt. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Theodore Roosevelt Trail Map.
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park North Unit Map (JPEG)
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park North Unit Map (PDF)
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park South Unit Map (JPEG)
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park South Unit Map (PDF)
Flying to Theodore Roosevelt
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Theodore Roosevelt, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Williston Basin International Airport (XWA)
- Located in Williston, North Dakota, 60 miles by car to Theodore Roosevelt
- Browse Flights to Williston at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Williston rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Bismarck Municipal Airport (BIS)
- Located in Bismarck, North Dakota, 137 miles by car to Theodore Roosevelt
- Browse Flights to Bismarck at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Bismarck rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP)
- Located in Rapid City, South Dakota, 246 miles by car to Theodore Roosevelt
- Browse Flights to Rapid City at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Rapid City rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 10, 2020