Getting to Theodore Roosevelt National Park
The South Unit is just off I-94 through the town of Medora, at exit 23 or 27. The Painted Canyon area has its own exit off of I-94, exit 32. The North Unit is located along US-85, 50 miles north of I-94 via exit 42.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the locations of the North Unit and South Unit entrances in Theodore Roosevelt. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while this map is useful for general navigation around the park, if you are planning to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Theodore Roosevelt Trail Map.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Theodore Roosevelt, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Dickinson, ND (DIK): 41 miles by car to Theodore Roosevelt
– Search all flights to DIK from your location via Expedia
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at DIK
- Williston, ND (ISN): 60 miles by car to Theodore Roosevelt
– Search all flights to ISN from your location via Expedia
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at ISN
- Bismarck, ND (BIS): 137 miles by car to Theodore Roosevelt
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more BIS airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at BIS