This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Glacier National Park
Driving to Glacier
US-2 is the primary access to the park. From the east US-2 runs through the town of Cut Bank. Continue on US-2 to the town of West Glacier to access the western end of the Going-to-the-Sun Road, or go north on MT-49 at the town of East Glacier Park to the Two Medicine Entrance. Continue north to US-89 and Saint Mary for the eastern side of Going-to-the-Sun Road. Go even further north on US-89 to reach the Many Glacier Entrance.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Apgar Visitor Center near the western entrance of Glacier. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Glacier Trail Map.
Flying to Glacier
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Glacier, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Glacier Park International Airport (FCA)
- Located in Kalispell, Montana, 24 miles by car to Glacier
- Browse Flights to Kalispell at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Kalispell rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Missoula International Airport (MSO)
- Located in Missoula, Montana, 131 miles by car to Glacier
- Browse Flights to Missoula at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Missoula rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Great Falls International Airport (GTF)
- Located in Great Falls, Montana, 199 miles by car to Glacier
- Browse Flights to Great Falls at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Great Falls rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 11, 2020