This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Channel Islands National Park
Driving to Channel Islands
To get to the visitor center, located on the mainland, use US-101. Northbound, take the Victoria Avenue exit, turn left on Victoria, turn right onto Olivas Park Drive which becomes Spinnaker Drive. The visitor center is located at the end of Spinnaker Drive in the Ventura Harbor. Southbound, take the Seaward Avenue exit, turn left onto Harbor Boulevard, then turn right onto Spinnaker Drive.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Robert J. Lagomarsino Visitor Center in Ventura. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Channel Islands Trail Map.
Flying to Channel Islands
Southern California has airports scattered all over the place.Below we list the three most convenient, but there are several others. LAX will be, by far, the airport with the most selection, and likely the lowest prices. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
- Located in Santa Barbara, California, 42 miles by car to Channel Islands (visitor center)
- Browse Flights to Santa Barbara at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Santa Barbara rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- Located in Burbank, California, 61 miles by car to Channel Islands (visitor center)
- Browse Flights to Burbank at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Burbank rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Located in Los Angeles, California, 68 miles by car to Channel Islands (visitor center)
- Browse Flights to Los Angeles at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Los Angeles rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 10, 2020