Campgrounds of Black Canyon of the Gunnison
Black Canyon of the Gunnison has a campground on both the North and South Rims, although the South Rim Campground is much more developed. It is also much larger than the one on the remote North Rim.
North Rim Campground
- Size & Cost: 13 sites, $16 per site
- Open: April to November
- Reservations: No, first come, first served
- Location: At the end of the North Rim Road. The last seven miles of road are unpaved, and the road is closed in winter.
- Amenities: Running water, vault toilets, grills and picnic tables
- Demand: High. This campground is in the remote North Rim area but is also very small. It fills frequently throughout the season.
South Rim Campground
- Size & Cost: 88 sites, $16-$22 per site
- Open: All Year
- Reservations: May through September, Reserve Online
- Location: Just past the entrance station off South Rim Road
- Amenities: Running water (in summer only), vault toilets, grills and picnic tables. All water must be trucked in and should be highly conserved.
- Demand: Low. This campground is in the popular South Rim area but is quite large, so is rarely full during any period. Unlike most national park campgrounds, there are some sites with electric hookups for RVs.