This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Acadia National Park
Driving to Acadia
Most people come from the south. Take I-95 north to the city of Augusta, then take ME-3 east through Ellsworth to Mount Desert Island, where most of the park is located. For another route, continue on I-95 north to Bangor, then take ME-1A east to Ellsworth, then join ME-3 as above on to the park.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Hulls Cove Visitor Center in Acadia. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Acadia Trail Map.
Flying to Acadia
Acadia is isolated from other national parks, up in the far northeast of the United States. From most places, it makes sense to fly and make Acadia your main destination. Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Acadia, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Bangor International Airport (BGR)
- Located in Bangor, Maine, 46 miles by car to Acadia
- Browse Flights to Bangor at: TripAdvisor • Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Bangor rental cars at: TripAdvisor • Expedia • Hotwire
Portland International Jetport (PWM)
- Located in Portland, Maine, 173 miles by car to Acadia
- Browse Flights to Portland at: TripAdvisor • Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Portland rental cars at: TripAdvisor • Expedia • Hotwire
Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Located in Boston, Massachusetts, 276 miles by car to Acadia
- Browse flights to Boston at: TripAdvisor • Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Boston rental cars at: TripAdvisor • Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on