This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission.
Getting to White Sands National Park
Driving to White Sands
White Sands National Park is accessed off US Highway 70, 15 miles southwest of the city of Alamogordo, New Mexico. It is heavily influenced by the adjacent Holloman Air Force Base and White Sands Missile Range. Las Cruces, a larger city, is 50 miles southwest of the park entrance.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the visitor center in White Sands. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab.
Flying to White Sands
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to White Sands, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
El Paso International Airport (ELP)
- Located in El Paso, Texas, 102 miles by car to White Sands
- Browse Flights to El Paso at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse El Paso rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Roswell International Air Center (ROW)
- Located in Roswell, New Mexico, 136 miles by car to White Sands
- Browse Flights to Roswell at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Roswell rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
- Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 223 miles by car to White Sands
- Browse Flights to Albuquerque at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Albuquerque rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 10, 2020