This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Petrified Forest National Park
Driving to Petrified Forest
The main approach to the park is via I-40. From the west, take exit 285 into Holbrook to AZ-180 south to the park’s South Entrance. From the east, take exit 311, which provides nearly direct access to the park.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Painted Desert Visitor Center in Petrified Forest. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab.
Flying to Petrified Forest
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Petrified Forest, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (FLG)
- Located in Flagstaff, Arizona, 120 miles by car to Petrified Forest
- Browse Flights to Flagstaff at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Flagstaff rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Located in Phoenix, Arizona, 206 miles by car to Petrified Forest
- Browse Flights to Phoenix at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Phoenix rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
- Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 212 miles by car to Petrified Forest
- Browse Flights to Albuquerque at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Albuquerque rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 14, 2020