This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Mesa Verde National Park
Driving to Mesa Verde
The entrance to Mesa Verde National Park is a ten minute drive east on CO-160 from the city of Cortez, Colorado. From the east and the city of Durango, it is a 45 minute drive west on CO-160.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center in Mesa Verde. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab.
Flying to Mesa Verde
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Mesa Verde, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Durango-La Plata County Airport (DRO)
- Located in Durango, Colorado, 49 miles by car to Mesa Verde
- Browse Flights to Durango at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Durango rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT)
- Located in Grand Junction, Colorado, 208 miles by car to Mesa Verde
- Browse Flights to Grand Junction at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Grand Junction rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Albuquerque International Sunport (ABQ)
- Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, 249 miles by car to Mesa Verde
- Browse Flights to Albuquerque at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Albuquerque rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 14, 2020