Getting to Dry Tortugas National Park
Driving to Dry Tortugas
There are no roads to Dry Tortugas National Park. It is located 70 miles west of Key West in the Gulf of Mexico. The only access is by concessioner boat, seaplane, or private boat. To reach Key West, follow US-1, the Overseas Highway.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of Fort Jefferson on Garden Key in Dry Tortugas. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab.
Flying to Dry Tortugas
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Dry Tortugas, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Key West International Airport (EYW)
- Located in Key West, Florida, 3 miles by car to Dry Tortugas ferry dock
- Browse Flights to Key West at Expedia
- Browse Key West rental cars at Expedia
Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Located in Miami, Florida, 161 miles by car to Dry Tortugas ferry dock
- Browse Flights to Miami at Expedia
- Browse Miami rental cars at Expedia