Getting to Dry Tortugas
There are no roads to Dry Tortugas National Park. It is located 70 miles west of Key West in the Gulf of Mexico. The only access is by concessioner boat, seaplane, or private boat. To reach Key West, follow US-1, the Overseas Highway.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of Fort Jefferson on Garden Key in Dry Tortugas National Park. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Dry Tortugas, listed in order of distance. In the case of Dry Tortugas, the distance given is to the ferry dock in Key West, where tours for the park depart. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Key West, FL (EYW): 3 miles by car to Dry Tortugas ferry dock
– More EYW airport information and multi-site airfare search via TripAdvisor
– Search all available rental cars at EYW via Priceline
- Miami, FL (MIA): 161 miles by car to Dry Tortugas ferry dock
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more MIA airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at MIA
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL): 190 miles by car to Dry Tortugas ferry dock
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more FLL airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at FLL