Getting to Congaree
Due to the park’s proximity to the major urban area of Columbia, there are a large number of possible routes. Most of them lead to I-77, so we give directions from there. Take exit 5 for SC-48 (Bluff Road) and follow it east for 14 miles. Turn right onto Mt. View Road for 0.8 miles, then turn right onto Old Bluff Road for 0.6 miles to the park entrance.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the entrance to Congaree. You can click on the map marker to get directions from wherever you are. Following this is the official park map provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file (sometimes very large files) or a simple image file. The map links will open in a new tab.
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Congaree, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
- Columbia, SC (CAE): 24 miles by car to Congaree
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more CAE airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at CAE
- Augusta, GA (AGS): 96 miles by car to Congaree
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at AGS
- Charlotte, NC (CLT): 111 miles by car to Congaree
– Visit TripAdvisor for multi-site airfare search and more CLT airport information
– Visit Expedia to search all available rental cars at CLT via