This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Redwood National Park
Driving to Redwood
There are a number of different areas making up Redwood National and State Parks, most of which are accessed from US-101. To get to the area from the north, take US-199 to US-101. From the south, follow US-101 north.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Hiouchi Visitor Center in Crescent City. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Redwood Trail Map.
Flying to Redwood
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to Redwood, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (MFR)
- Located in Medford, Oregon, 140 miles by car to Redwood (Prairie Creek)
- Browse Flights to Medford at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Medford rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Sacramento International Airport (SMF)
- Located in Sacramento, California, 329 miles by car to Redwood (Prairie Creek)
- Browse Flights to Sacramento at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Sacramento rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Located in San Francisco, California, 340 miles by car to Redwood (Prairie Creek)
- Browse Flights to San Francisco at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse San Francisco rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 11, 2020