This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to North Cascades National Park Complex
Driving to North Cascades
Most of the North Cascades area is extremely remote. The main road through the park is the North Cascades Scenic Highway, WA-20, which runs east-west, eventually connecting with I-5 in the west. The most accessible part of the complex is Ross Lake National Recreation Area, which most of our coverage is focused on.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the Newhalem Visitor Center in the North Cascades National Park Complex. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper North Cascades Trail Map.
Flying to North Cascades
Below you will find a list of airports most convenient for a trip to North Cascades National Park Complex, listed in order of distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Located in Seattle, Washington, 131 miles by car to North Cascades
- Browse Flights to Seattle at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Seattle rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, 132 miles by car to North Cascades
- Browse Flights to Vancouver at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Vancouver rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Located in Portland, Oregon, 289 miles by car to North Cascades
- Browse Flights to Portland at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Portland rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 14, 2020