Campgrounds of Katmai
As with most Alaskan national parks, Katmai is almost entirely backcountry wilderness. The only developed camping area is in Brooks Camp.
Brooks Camp Campground
- Size & Cost: 60 people maximum, $6-12 per person
- Open: May through October
- Reservations: Reserve Online
- Location: In Brooks Camp, accessible by plane or boat only
- Amenities: Running water, vault toilets, grills and picnic tables
- Demand: Extreme. This campground is the only formal area in the park, and is almost always full during peak visitation; reservations are necessary. Times in July are often sold out within hours of the reservation opening time, usually in early January.
- Reviews: Brooks Camp Campground reviews on TripAdvisor
Last Updated on