This page contains affiliate links. Purchases made through them sometimes earn us a small commission. This helps us cover the considerable costs of providing this free website, and it never increases what you pay.
Getting to Joshua Tree National Park
Driving to Joshua Tree
There are three main road entrances to Joshua Tree National Park. The south entrance is reached off of I-10. The exit is not numbered, but it is signed for the park and is about 40 miles east of Palm Springs. The west and north entrances are both a short distance off of CA-62. The west entrance is about 10 miles east of the city of Yucca Valley. The north entrance is just outside of Twentynine Palms.
Below you will find an interactive map showing the location of the main visitor center in Joshua Tree, actually located just north of the park. Following this are the official park maps provided by the National Park Service. You can view either the original PDF file or a simple JPEG image file (some of these files can be quite large). The map links will open in a new tab. Note that while these maps are useful for general navigation around the park, if you plan to do any hiking, you should really have a proper Joshua Tree Trail Map.
Flying to Joshua Tree
Southern California is loaded with airport options. Rather than list them all, we just include the nearest (Palm Springs) and the two most common, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. Below you will find a list these airports, ordered by distance. For each airport we give useful links for further information on the airport, as well as flight and rental car bookings. These links already have the destination airport selected for your convenience. For price searches, simply enter your origin and dates.
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
- Located in Palm Springs, California, 42 miles by car to Joshua Tree
- Browse Flights to Palm Springs at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Palm Springs rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Located in Los Angeles, California, 152 miles by car to Joshua Tree
- Browse Flights to Los Angeles at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Los Angeles rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, 180 miles by car to Joshua Tree
- Browse Flights to Las Vegas at: Skyscanner • Expedia
- Browse Las Vegas rental cars at: Expedia • Hotwire
Last Updated on April 13, 2020